Wildfire Relief

Send information regarding wildfire relief efforts and information to Lovelocal@krvn.com
We will add the information to our website.

Hot Meals USA will be serving free meals to the firefighters and fire victims. Meals will be served three times a day from 6am to 8:30pm at the Cambridge City Park next to the Fire Hall.

Nebraska Cattlemen: The Nebraska Cattlemen have put together information regarding local, state and national assistance. Please go to: https://nebraskacattlemen.org/wildfire-resources.

Road Conditions: Before traveling into the fire areas please check road conditions using 511 Nebraska. https://new.511.nebraska.gov/event/NECARS5-25707/@-100.08215,40.31469,9?show=roadReports,wazeReports,winterDriving,stationsAlert,weatherWarningsAreaEvents,weatherRadar


Nebraska Cattlemen Sandhills Affiliate is accepting financial donations for those affected by the wildfire in their area. Please mail checks to NCSA, 409 W North Loup River Road, Purdum NE 69157. Call Kat Kennedy at 308-645-7036 with questions.

Southwest NE Farmer Fire Relief: A Venmo account has been set up for financial donations to be used to assist the southwest Nebraska farmers and ranchers affected by the recent wildfires.

Financial Relief 702 Wildfire– Checks can be mailed to Angie’s Small Town Boutique, PO Box Q, Cambridge, NE 69022. Please make checks out to the Cambridge Fire Department.

First Central Bank has opened a Fire Relief Fund account. Donations can be made at any of their locations in Arapahoe, Cambridge, McCook and Curtis. Just tell the employee it is for the Fire Disaster relief fund.

Monetary donations to assist with all aspects of disaster relief from the wildfires in Gosper County can be made to the following:
Elwood Area Foundation, online at elwoodfoundation.org (memo to the Disaster Relief Fund);
PO Box 303 Elwood NE 308-785-8113
Pinnacle Bank – Elwood, NE 308-785-2280
Pinnacle Bank – Lexington, NE 308-324-6920
Security First Bank 308-785-3366.
We thank all of those who are helping in any way!

Oxford Area Foundation
P.O. Box 476
Oxford Ne, 68967
For any questions call 308-824-3264

Ag Valley Co-op is offering the former Good Samaritan Rest Home in Arapahoe as a temporary living quarters for those displaced from their home by the fire. Call the Ag Valley office in Edison to make arrangements. The number is 308-927-3681.

The Don Sjogren YMCA in Holdrege is open to anyone who might need a place to go that has been evacuated due to the Fires by Edison and Arapahoe!  They have Water, snacks and blankets!


Nebraska Cattlemen Sandhills Affiliate Wildfire Relief – For wildfire donations in the Sandhills area, Harsh Mercantile in Purdum is accepting donations of posts, wires and staples to be distributed. Call Mike Moody at Harsh Mercantile at 308-834-3251 with questions.

702 Wildfire Livestock Feed Relief: John & Jake O’Dea have established a hay donation drop off for those affected in the Cambridge, 702 Road Wildfire. Area cattlemen are in dire need of feed. Looking for big round, big square, and small square bales of feed. The drop off is located 1 mile west of Indianola on the south side of the road. The address is 39528 US HWY 6, Indianola. Please call ahead and labor and loader will be available to unload. Call Jake at 308-340-8985 or John at 308-340-1140.

Bartley Fencing Supply Relief 702 Wildfire – Fencing supplies are needed in the 702 Wildfire Area. Fencing supplies can be left at the Bartley Fire Hall located 2 blocks north of HWY 6 and 34, next to the City Park.

Danbury Hay Donation 702 Wildfire – Daffer Feed Yard on HWY 89, two miles west of Danbury is taking donations of Hay which will be distributed to area producers.

Lexington Livestock, Lexington and Huss Livestock, Kearney are wanting to help those affected by the wildfires. They will be reaching out to those affected to see what help is needed from fencing to hay delivery. They will also accept donations of fencing supplies, hay and feed. Please contact them through their Facebook page, at lexlivestock.com or by calling 308-324-4663. You can also email them at lexlivemarket@gmail.com.

Fencing Supply Drive to benefit those affected by the 2022 Southwest Nebraska Wildfires. The Blue Hill and Local Fire departments ask you to drop supply or monetary donations off between 1-3pm THIS Saturday 4/30 at the CHS Coop Shop in Blue Hill. Call Alex Buschow at 402-984-7103 with any questions.

York County FFA Wildfire Relief Drive: The York County FFA Chapters, including Centennial, York, McCool Junction, Cross County, and Heartland, are collecting livestock feed and fencing supplies for those affected by the wildfires in southwest Nebraska. You can drop your donations off at any of these schools or at Tractor Supply, Orschelns or Nutrition Services in York. They will also accept monetary donations that will be used for necessary supplies. Call Holly Podliska at Centennial Public Schools or any of the York County FFA advisors with any questions.

For those with losses during the Arapahoe area fire, stop by Arapahoe Pharmacy or Mark’s Pharmacy for free replacements on personal care items and supplies (toothpaste & toothbrushes, shampoo, etc.) While supplies last. We will work with your doctor and insurance to replace lost medications.

Rudy’s Tire will fix all fire related flats for free and are offering discounted prices for emergency responders and fire department vehicles!
Two locations: Rudy’s Tire Holdrege – 1016 14th Ave, Holdrege, NE – 308-995-8686
Rudy’s Tire Alma – 805 N Hwy 183, Alma, NE – 308-928-2656

A Benefit account has been setup at Firstier Bank in Holdrege to help the family of Justin Norris. Firstier Bank Holdrege – 308 995-9595.

Post-Fire Donation Items – please click link to find out more https://www.signupgenius.com/go/60b0b4ca8ab2da3fa7-postfire

Holdrege Soft Water Services will donate water bottles to those who need them.
For more information or to contact them:
Holdrege Soft Water Service
314 West Avenue 
Holdrege, NE 68949
Contact: Amie
Phone: 308-995-8791
Email: softwaterhold@gmail.com