Volunteers are needed to get area cemeteries ready for Memorial Day services this holiday weekend.
At Fairview Cemetery, the placing of flags on the graves of veterans takes place Saturday at 9 a.m., and again at Sunset Memorial Park Cemetery the same day at 11:30 a.m.
At Torrington’s Valley View Cemetery, help is needed placing wreaths and the Avenue of Flags Saturday at 10am.
Ceremonies in the region Monday include:
- Fairview Cemetery in Scottsbluff at 9 a.m
- West Lawn Cemetery in Gering at 10 a.m., which includes a dedication of the recently completed American Legion Post 36 Pavillion
- Valley View Cemetery in Torrington at 10 a.m.
- East Lawn Cemetery near Minatare at 10:30 a.m.
- Sunset Memorial Park Cemetery near Scottsbluff at 11 a.m.
- Pleasant Hill Cemetery in Banner County at 11 a.m.
- Western Nebraska State Veterans Home in Scottsbluff at 1:30 p.m.
Volunteers are also needed to help with removal of ceremonial items following the observations, at Valley View at 1:00 p.m. after the ceremony, and on Tuesday, May 30, at Sunset Memorial Park Cemetery starting at 9:00 a.m., followed by Fairview Cemetery.