USDA grants available to help rural Nebraskans repair homes damaged in 2022

USDA grants available to help rural Nebraskans repair homes damaged in 2022
MGN Online/ Wildfire
March 24th, 2023 | bdoeschot

U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) Rural Development Nebraska State Director Kate Bolz today announced the availability of grants to help people repair their homes that were damaged by severe storms and fire in 2022.

The homes must be located in presidentially declared disaster areas. People living in 23 counties in Nebraska are eligible for the funding.

“Nebraskan residents and communities impacted by disasters have demonstrated great resiliancy and strength. Supporting one another in difficult times is an important part of the spirit and character of rural America,” Bolz said. “The Biden-Harris Administration and USDA stand ready to help people across rural Nebraska access the resources they need to rebuild their homes, their communities and their lives.”

The grants are being made available through supplemental disaster funding under theRural Disaster Home Repair Grant Program. Through this program, people may apply to receive grants of up to $40,675 directly from USDA to repair their homes.

Funds will be available until expended. They may be used to:

  • pay for home repair expenses that were a result of a Presidentally declared disasters in calendar year 2022.
  • prepare a site for a manufactured home.
  • relocate a manufactured home.

To be eligible:

  • applicants must have household incomes that do not exceed the low-limits based on their household size and county.  
  • homes must be located in an eligible rural area.
  • homes must be located in a Presidentially declared disaster areas 2022.

Residents in the following counties may be eligible for the funding:

Antelope, Boone, Burt, Cedar, Cuming, Custer, Dixon, Frontier, Furnas, Garfield, Greeley, Holt, Knox, Logan, Pierce, Polk, Red Willow, Sherman, Thurston, Valley, Wayne, Wheeler, and York Counties.

For more information on how to apply, contact the USDA Rural Development Housing Team at / (402) 437-5551 or on-line here: Single Family Housing Rural Disaster Home Repair Grants.


© 2024 Nebraska Rural Radio Association. All rights reserved. Republishing, rebroadcasting, rewriting, redistributing prohibited. Copyright Information