Atkinson, NE – On Thursday, September 29, 2022, the Team Jack Foundation hosted their 10th Annual Radiothon presented by The Home Agency, live from Elwood, NE, raising over $182,000 for childhood brain cancer research. Aired on over 20 Nebraska radio stations and streamed live online, distributed by the Huskers Radio Network, donors poured their support on Team Jack and their cause, raising vital funds for the cause! The success of this event can largely be attributed to the courageous families that shared their journeys. These families have lived through the horrific diagnosis and bravely shared their stories to help raise research funds and awareness to help kids diagnosed in the future.
Some highlights from the day:
- The Elwood Public Schools (5) Culligan refill water bottles full of change raising $2,207!!
- We had three hourly sponsors, BHA Real Estate, Applied Connective Technologies, and Edward Jones, and met the match on all three totaling $19,000 raised!
- At 5:00 PM, an individual called in a $10,000 donation in honor of her late husband, who passed away from cancer ten years ago.
- The three cash prize giveaway winners are listed below, and the $20,000 winner has donated the cash BACK to Team Jack!
- Bill from Lexington- $20,000
- Gary from Texas- $5,000
- Hans from Cozad- $2,500
- KBRX (O’Neill) was the winner of Husker football tickets for selling the most cash giveaway tickets!
- Below is a list of hourly prize winners:
- YETI Prize Pack (Donated by Scheels-Lincoln) – Ellen from Menasha, WI
- $500 Scheels Gift Card (Donated by Scheels-Lincoln) – Greg & Rhonda from Minden, IA
- Apple AirPods (Donated by Applied Connective Technologies)– Kevin from Lincoln, NE
- Branson, Missouri Stay (Donated by Gregg & Peggy Thuman) – Aundrea from Omaha, NE
- Fleet Feet Shoes Gift Card (Donated by Fleet Feet) – Pam from Omaha, NE
- Fleet Feet Shoes Gift Card (Donated by Fleet Feet) – Katelynn from Elgin, NE
- Rex Signed Footballs – Theron from Holbrook, NE; Scott from Johnson Lake, NE; John from Lincoln, NE; Ashley from Sidney, NE; Kathy from Grand Island, NE; John from Salina, KS; Corrinne from Omaha, NE
“The 10th Annual Team Jack Radiothon presented by The Home Agency was all we hoped it would be thanks to incredible support! Team Jack donors stepped up even during uncertain economic times to remember the importance of research. It was an amazing day for childhood brain cancer as we reached the milestone of reaching $1,000,000 through the ten years of this event. The funds and awareness raised are an important part of discovering more effective, gentler treatments for children fighting brain cancer. None of this is possible without the tremendous support of our sponsors, donors, brain cancer families, radio partners and hosts, and volunteers! We are truly grateful to all who had a hand in this special day,” said Kylie Dockter, Executive Director of Team Jack Foundation.
2023 promises to be another exciting year for the Radiothon, and Team Jack hopes to reach even higher goals. For information about the Team Jack Radiothon and how to get involved, visit https://teamjackfoundation.org/radiothon.