The 2022-2023 high school sports year wrapped up on Wednesday with the close of the State Golf Championships across the state.
In Gering at Monument Shadows Golf Course it was the Class B State Tournament with the York Dukes taking home the title with a two day combined score of 593 with the Norris Titans in second place, eight shots off the pace.
Scottsbluff finished in third place with a combined score of 631.
The individual state champion was Beatrice’s Treyton Baehr, who defeated Travis Tilford of Norris on the second playoff hole. Both players posted two day totals of even par, 144.
Scottsbluff’s Thomas Dredla and Caleb Castillo of Ogallala led the way for players from the region with tied for 12th finishes of 10 over par.
Kaedon Patton of Scottsbluff and Taytom Timbers of Alliance were top 20 finishers.
Jack Maser of Gering finished up at T-29 with a +18, 162.
Class C at Columbus
- Mitchell’s Cael Peters finished 4th with a two day score of 155 (+11), he was six shots off the pace of the winner from Kearney Catholic
- Mitchell finished 11th in the team standings
- Kimball’s Kyler Lusche was T-22
Class D at North Platte
- Bridgeport was 10th in the team standings
- Hemingford finished 14th
- Bodhi Dohse of Bridgeport was the top finisher individually in a tie for 26th place