WEST POINT, NEBRASKA
CITY COUNCIL AGENDA – Thursday, February 2, 2023
5:30 o’clock P.M.
Municipal Building, 444 South Main Street
All agenda items are for discussion and action will be taken
as deemed appropriate. The City Council reserves the right to
go into closed session in accordance with Section 84-1410.
A. CALL TO ORDER
- Call meeting to order.
- Inform the public that the Open Meetings Act is posted on
the west wall of the room.
- Pledge of Allegiance to the flag of the United States of
- Roll Call.
A. CONSENT AGENDA:
(Items under the Consent Agenda are proposed for adoption by
one action for all items unless any member of the Council
requests that an item be considered separately.)
- City appointed boards and commissions.
- Fire & rescue departments (accept memberships &
- Approval of minutes of previous meeting.
- Treasurer’s report.
B. PUBLIC HEARINGS: None.
C. BIDS: None.
D. CURRENT BUSINESS:
- Presentation of annual report from John A. Stahl Library –
Mary Jo Mack, Library Director.
- Discuss leasing of city property by the Sewer Plant to
Casey Lund for 2023.
- Approve Sunshine Center’s Fiscal Year 2024 budget to the
Northeast Nebraska Area Agency on Aging.
- Approve Special Designated Liquor Licenses:
(a) PetroMart for Pheasants Forever Banquet on March
4,2023 at Nielsen Community Center.
(b) Rush’s Liquor Store for KC Fish Fries at GACC
Cafeteria on each of the following dates – February
22, 2023; February 24, 2023; March 3, 2023; March 10,
2023; March 17, 2023; March 31, 2023; and April 7,
(c) GACC Booster Club for Alumni Tournament on March 24
and March 25, 2023 at GACC Cafeteria.
(d) GACC Booster Club for Fundraiser on April 21,2023 at
- Approval of council affiliated claim of Hugo Plumbing &
Heating for services and supplies.
E. RESOLUTIONS AND ORDINANCES:
- Resolution: Approve Application/Payment #3 in the amount of
$212,080.86 to Christiansen Construction Company for the
West Point Aquatic Center Project.
- City Administrator