- Wheat up big again
- All the grains up again
- How can we interrupt negative numbers on the deferred contracts?
- All of this related to weather globally
- We are looking at potential serious weather issues
- China, even on holiday, jumped into the markets to make purchases
- Does China panic in weather markets both here & in South America
- Feeder cattle continue to struggle
There was plenty to talk about coming off of the USDA report that sent corn, soybeans, and wheat sharply higher but also threw a wrench in cattle trade. Arlan is keeping an eye on weather in both South America and the Black Sea Region. He also breaks down cash trade in cattle and why hogs are still trying to sort out their latest report almost a week later.
- Should the market have seen the drop in the trade?
- China’s purchases are starting to focus on the new year…does that mean they are working towards South American purchases?
- Dryness in the black sea
- Freeze in Argentina’s wheat belt this past week
- Quarterly Hogs & Pigs
- COF report on Friday
- Soybeans and what the potential is for this crop
- Situation in China includes building hogs & expanding poultry
- South America planting is underway
- One in six restaurants failing nationally…the next 6 months do not look good
Wet weather moving through the Midwest
4.00 corn a ways out on the futures but what does that mean for corn
lean hog index above $60 first time since May 28th