Three Nebraska innovators have been named top 10 semi-finalists of the American Farm Bureau Ag Innovation Challenge.
Scott Niewohner of Birds Eye Robotics, Britany Wondercheck of Marble Technologies, and Chad Johnson of Grain Weevil Corporation were all named semi-finalists.
The semi-finalists earned $10,000 and will now compete at the AFBF Convention in Atlanta, Georgia, on Friday, Jan. 7, to advance to the final round and could win up to $50,000 in start-up funds.
Farm Bureau will award $165,000 to ten businesses:
- $50,000 will be awarded to the 2022 Ag Innovation Challenge Winner
- $20,000 will be awarded to the 2022 Ag Innovation Challenge Runner-Up
- $15,000 will be awarded to two finalist teams
- $10,000 will be awarded to six semi-finalist teams
- Additional $5,000 to the People’s Choice Team (chosen by public vote; all ten teams are eligible)
The Farm Bureau Ag Innovation Challenge is a national business competition that showcases U.S. startups developing innovative solutions that address challenges facing America’s farmers, ranchers and rural communities. Launched in 2015, The Challenge was the first national business competition of its kind focused exclusively on rural entrepreneurs.