The Cozad Volunteer Fire Department was called out to a car fire on Thursday, February 18 at 1609 Ave C. Upon arrival the front of the vehicle was fully engulfed and sitting near a garage.
Firefighters were able to safely put the car in neutral and push it away from the garage to put the fire out. According to Cozad Fire Chief Jason Schneider other than the damaged vehicle, some siding on the garage was melted from the heat.
No one was injured in the fire. Schneider said the owner tried to turn the car on, heard a loud pop under the hood and it started on fire.