KEARNEY –Two Rivers Public Health released updated vaccination statistics for their service area for the week. Approximately 27.6% of the population over the age of 16 in the Two Rivers Public Health District have been vaccinated as of Tuesday, April 6, 2021.
- As of April 6, 2021, 27.6% of TRPHD’s eligible population has been fully vaccinated. Along with Elkhorn Logan Valley Public Health District, this is the highest average in the State.
- As a whole, 71.1% of residents aged 65 years or older in TRPHD have been fully vaccinated. This represents almost 80% in Buffalo County and over 50% of the 65 or older age group in all other counties having been vaccinated.
- Women account for over 60% of all fully vaccinated persons in TRPHD. The gender gap is especially pronounced among women and men aged 20-60 years, possibly linked to women’s higher representation among special occupational groups (healthcare, education) that were vaccinated earlier. We are hopeful that this gap will close in the coming weeks as the general population catches up.
- The expansion of vaccine access for all persons aged 16 years and over has resulted in a steady increase of younger persons who have had their first doses, and will hopefully be fully vaccinated within a month. As this is a larger age group that has had limited access until now, we expect to see a surge in registration in our health district and at healthcare facilities
- Two Rivers Health Department has scheduled mass vaccination clinics at multiple sites across the seven counties to distribute vaccines and to focus on areas of potential shortfall.
- Those eligible for the vaccine are advised to contact their physician or register at Two Rivers Public Health Department (www.trphd.org).
ABOUT TWO RIVERS PUBLIC HEALTH DEPARTMENT
Two Rivers Public Health Department engages collaborative partners, community leaders and the public to promote healthy lifestyles, provide preventative education, assure environmental quality, and create more healthy and safe communities for all who live within the district. Follow TRPHD on Facebook and Twitter @2RPHD