The Scottsbluff/Gering Seacats were in action over the weekend competing at the McCook Triangular with solid results.
In the combined standings the Seacats finished second with the boys team earning a first place finish with a total of 87 points while the girls team finished in third place with 68 points, just one point back of second.
Head coach Vanessa Woolsey was pleased as the team continued to shave off time in most of their events.
“This was a fast meet, challenging our swimmers to stay on top and continue to better our times. The amount of team spirit that we continue to see from our swimmers is inspiring, always cheering and encouraging one another.”
The Seacats will compete this week at Omaha Westside before heading to Grand Island and McCook next week.
- Patricia Woolsey finished 1st in the 100 Fly at 1:06.59
- Megan Kicken finished 2nd in the 100 Free at 1:05.92
- Girls 400 Free Relay team of Margo Bowles, Aspen Jagers, Megan Kicken, and Patricia Woolsey finished 1st with a time of 4:11.37
- Margo Bowles finished 2nd in the 200 IM at 2:40.04
- Dien Nguyen finished 1st in the 200 IM at 2:22.97
- Wisley Mooc finished 1st in the 100 Fly at 58.47
- Wisley Mooc finished 2nd in the 500 Free at 5:22.37
- Dien Nguyen finished 2nd in the 100 Back at 1:00.02
- Maddux Janecek finished 1st in the 100 Breaststroke at 1:08.80
- 200 Medley relay team of Dien Nguyen, Maddux Janecek, Wisley Mooc, and Tyler Fogle finished first with a time of 1:48.44