The Bridgeport girls basketball was aiming to stay unbeaten last night and found themselves in a real tussle hosting Chadron. Through three quarters of play it was just a five point game with the Bulldogs leading 42-37.
Then the fourth quarter happened.
Bridgeport outscored Chadron 30-2 over the final eight minutes with Ruthie Loomis-Goltl scoring 14 of her game high 30 points in the fourth as the Bulldogs win it 72-39.
With the win Bridgeport improved to 15-0 this season.
When I caught up with coach Dave Kuhlen yesterday morning he knew they weren’t out of the woods with being tested still this regular season.
“We’re going to be challenged strictly by the sheer volume of games we’re going to be playing. We’ve got three games this week, we’ve got three games next week and that can take a toll on any team. So we’re just going to take it one game at a time.”
Bridgeport is at Hershey on Friday before hosting Bayard on Saturday.
- Bridgeport 72, Chadron 39
- Bayard 56, South Platte 51
- Sidney 57, Torrington 25
- Mitchell 38, Kimball 27
- Lingle Ft. Laramie 70, Morrill 44
- Leyton 59, Banner County 8
- Hemingford 38, Crawford 27
- Sedgwick County, CO 62, Garden County 24
- Prairie, CO 32, Potter-Dix 31
- Ogallala 45, Valentine 42 (OT)
- Chadron 40, Bridgeport 30
- Sidney 78, Torrington 42
- Ogallala 78, Valentine 28
- Bayard 72, South Platte 49
- Lingle-Ft. Laramie, WY 66, Morrill 30
- Potter-Dix 71, Prairie, CO 19
- Sutherland 50, Creek Valley 35
- Sandhills/Thedford 57, Cody-Kilgore 49