Kurt Hydraulics produces a complete line of hydraulic couplings and hoses for multiple industries from agriculture and construction to petrochemical and marine applications. With over 35 years of experience in coupling manufacturing solutions, our customers receive SAE-specification products with the best-designed couplings.
The Operatives Supervisor supervises and coordinates activities of shop-floor workers in the following departments: CNC Machining, Inspection, Assembly, Machine Operations, Shipping/Receiving and Die Cast.
· Studies production schedules and estimates worker-hour requirements for completion of job assignment.
· Interprets company policies to workers and enforces safety regulations.
· Interprets specifications, blueprints, and job orders to workers, and assigns duties.
· Establishes or adjusts work procedures to meet production schedules, using knowledge of capacities of machines and equipment.
· Recommends measures to improve production methods, equipment performance and quality of product, and suggests changes in working conditions and use of equipment to increase efficiency of shop, department or work crew.
· Analyzes and resolves work problems or assists workers in solving work problems.
· Recommends or initiates personnel actions, such as promotions, transfers, discharges and disciplinary measures.
· May train new workers.
· Maintains time and production records.
· May confer with other Supervisors to coordinate activities of individual departments.
· May set up machines and equipment.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. Reliable attendance is required.
High School Diploma or equivalent GED
1 year of related experience
2 years of related experience
100% employee owned, Kurt Hydraulics is a division of Kurt Manufacturing with facilities located in Lyman, NE and Pueblo, CO. Our engineering resources and USA-based coupling-manufacturing facilities set us apart from the competition. At Kurt Hydraulics our employees have the opportunity to advance their knowledge of hydraulic couplings and hose as well as machining, automation, and quality control.
What makes Kurt different? It starts with employee ownership, what we put into our products, passion that leads to profound pride, and the endless desire to deliver perfection on time, every time. That’s why we’ll never settle for good enough. It’s this dedication that created our legacy of excellence. If you are ready to transform your career with an industry leader, let us show you how owning something makes a difference.
Kurt Manufacturing is an equal opportunity employer and embraces all individuals and what makes them unique. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability, a disabled veteran, or an individual that has other barriers that limit your ability to access our on-line application system, please contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss alternative ways to apply for open positions.