The Scottsbluff Police Department participated in the Driver Sober or Get Pulled Over Campaign from
August 16, 2023 to September 4, 2023.
Scottsbluff Police Department Officers worked a total of 135 hours of overtime funded by a grant from the Nebraska Department of Transportation-Office of Highway Safety.
This enforcement effort resulted in the following;
- Driving Under the Influence: 2
- Driving Under the Influence of Drugs: 1
- Drug Recognition Expert Evaluations: 1
- Speeding Citations: 11
- Reckless Driving Citations: 3
- Felony Arrests: 2
- Fugitives Apprehended: 18
- Minor In Possession Citations: 2
- Open Container Citations: 2,
- Seat Belt Citations: 3
- Child Passenger Safety Restraint Citations: 1,
- No Valid Registrations: 21
- Driving Under Suspension: 16
- No Operators License: 7
- Window Tint: 3
- Possession of Drug Paraphernalia: 9
- Turn Signal: 1
- Traffic Signal Violation: 1
- Failure to Signal: 3
- Leaving the Scene of an Accident: 3
- Fictious License Plates: 4
- No Insurance: 6
- Violation of a Stop Sign: 2
- Possession of Marijuana Less Than an Ounce: 4
- Careless Driving: 1
Scottsbluff Police issued 108 citations during the grant. Scottsbluff Police made a total of 223 contacts during the grant.
Although this grant is over, the Scottsbluff Police Department will continue to actively enforce traffic
laws in Scottsbluff and Terrytown.