YORK, Neb. – York residents will need to pay attention to speed limits around York coming up in 2018. The York City Council has approved speed limit changes on multiple roads in York.
- South Grant Avenue from South 21st to Nobes Road – from 50 mph to 40 mph
- East 25th Street from Lincoln Avenue to East City Limits – from 25 mph to 35 mph
- South Blackburn Avenue from South City Limits to Woodcrest Court – from 25 mph to 35 mph
- West Nobes Road from County Club Avenue to Kingsley Avenue – from 35 mph to 30 mph
- North Nebraska Avenue from 25th Street to Lincoln Avenue – from 25 mph to 30 mph
- North Maine Avenue from 12th Street to Duke Drive – from 30 mph to 25 mph
Traffic studies were performed in these areas covering traffic counts, speeds, accident data, and access points, to determine the speed limit changes.