Bryce Doeschot and Alex Voichoskie host this week’s edition of Friday Five from the Nebraska Soybean Board Studio.
5) Crop Progress Report this week indicates corn is at 39 percent planted, up 22 percent from last week. Soybeans are 15 percent planted, up 10 percent from last week.
Full Story: http://ruralradio.com/agricultural/futures-one-usda-crop-progress-3/
4) U.S. Secretary of Ag Sonny Perdue will embark on his fourth “Back to Our Roots” tour on Monday, stopping in New Mexico, Colorado, Wyoming, and Nebraska.
Full Story: http://ruralradio.com/agricultural/secretary-perdue-announces-fourth-back-to-our-roots-tour/
3) Nebraska’s farmland values decreased 2.8 percent. This marks the second year in a row of declined values, after nearly 25 years of increases.
Full Story: http://ruralradio.com/agricultural/nebraska-farmland-values-drop-by-2-8-percent-2/
2) Governor Pete Ricketts announced he will travel to Mexico for his next trade mission, and he officially declared May as Beef Month in Nebraska.
Full Story: http://videos.sproutvideo.com/playlist/4a9dd9b519c4/24ef3b9584f5cc67?type=sd&layout=1#
1) Don’t forget that Mother’s Day is this Sunday! But if you did forget, don’t panic because Beef It’s What’s For Dinner has you covered with a few udderly clever Mother’s Day cards!
Full Story: http://ruralradio.com/agricultural/beef-its-whats-for-dinner-salutes-moms-with-mothers-day-cards-and-a-few-great-recipes/